We’ve custom designed these Amtrak map and route guides to help you plan your next Amtrak vacation. These maps will show you exactly where each train route begins and ends so you can pick the correct train and the most direct route for your journey.
A few route planning notes:
- All trains that arrive in Chicago end in Chicago. If you are going through Chicago you’ll need to change trains there.
- It is generally cheaper to go as far as you can on one named train route before switching. Avoid multiple trains as it increases cost and adds to the possibility of a delay
- If several trains are doing your route, likely on the east coast, check our route guides to see the different amenities of the trains such as dining cars and observation cars.
Amtrak Map – National
Northeast Route Map
East Coast Route Map
Midwest Route Map
West Coast Route Map
A few other resources that might help you:
- The 8 Most Scenic Amtrak Routes
- Amtrak Sleeper Cars: Which Trains Have Them & How To Choose
- 9 Essential Items You Need On Your First Amtrak Vacation
If you have other questions that you need answered or want to see the inside of the trains before you book your trip, checkout our YouTube Channel!